We are long established seafaring people with extensive knowledge of the local Largs waters, overseas waters and indeed the Oceans of the world we have every respect for the oceans and their temperament.
The sea is a beautiful and calming environment but has its risks. We try to identify all off these in our working practices to ensure a safe enjoyable voyage for our clients.
Download a PDF of our Independant Risk Assessment HERE:
- All vessels are licensed and inspected by the Marine Coastguard Agency. Our vessels are licensed to operate 20 miles from nominated ports.
- Skippers hold professional qualifications and undergo extensive training by the company.
- Vessels undergo a safety check each day prior to sailing.
- The office also receives daily Met Office Data Forecasts. We carry equipment well in excess of the legal requirements.
- We are fully insured with vessel public liability in excess of the legal requirement.
- The company has a written safety policy which includes detailed procedures for overdue boats.
- At all times of sailings the office is manned and maintains radio and telephone contact with the vessels. All conversations are logged as is the number and details of people on board. Our vessels also maintain contact with each other.
- At all times a shore duty safety officer is established to act in case of an emergency.
- Skippers and crews undertake regular emergency drills.
- Personnel are put through First Aid Courses. We make it compulsory for you to be fitted with lifejackets and will refuse boarding if you are intoxicated in any form.
- Vessels carry emergency life rafts.